ABC Prize Overview
What is the America’s Best Communities Prize Competition?
The America’s Best Communities Prize (the “ABC Prize”) Competition is an economic revitalization prize for change agents in small towns and rural communities across the Frontier Communications Service Area in 27 states. We are searching for individuals and organizations that are working together to make their hometowns better for everyone. Sponsored by Frontier Communications, DISH Network, CoBank, The Weather Channel and our partners, the goal is to invest in communities to help spur economic growth and community revitalization.
The ABC Prize Competition is all about encouraging collaboration and cooperation among individuals and organizations that share the same goal: to increase economic development and create positive change within their communities.
Up to fifty (50) Quarter-Finalists have received:
- $35,000 with $15,000 matching fund obligation, to define each of their visions and develop a plan to put into motion.
Up to fifteen (15) Semi-Finalists will receive:
- Airfare and accommodation for up to three team members to attend the ABC Summit where finalists will be announced.
Up to eight (8) Finalists will receive:
- $100,000 to bring their plans to life and share their stories along the way.
Three (3) Grand Prize winners will be named America’s Best Communities:
- First Place will receive $3 million
- Second Place will receive $2 million
- Third Place will receive $1 million
Read more on the About page.
Do you have some print materials I may access?
Get to know the applicants paving their way toward a resilient and vibrant future on the Meet the Communities page.